One of the last grand Art Deco buildings in South Africa, QV54 boldly sits on the historic Queen Victoria Street, adjacent the City’s Company Gardens. A space once occupied by tellers, notes, coins and a vault, QV54 opens itself up as a versatile venue of grandeur and opulence.
A 160m2 hall with a domed ceiling, arched windows, solid teak doors, wood panelling, and white stucco plastered walls, lends this 1937 build to the eye of the discerning event planner.
QV54 can accommodate functions as small as 50 and up to 520 guests. Each room depicts its own individual ambience, facilitating an endless array of possible events from fashion shows to corporate dinners, presentations to cocktail functions, stage performances to exhibitions, and of course weddings.
The main area can be utilised on its own or in conjunction with two downstairs and two upstairs lounges. A balcony on the upper level overlooks the main area on three sides giving observers an open perspective of the dining and stage areas. Every crevice offers itself as a neutral canvas to create either a lavish entertainment space or to simply allow the walls to speak for themselves; a perfect marriage between the bashful and the brave, from the old to the new. All of those who visit, dance, conference or dine at QV54, are enveloped by the heritage that occupies the building. Although QV54 previously housed the Land Bank - the commercial lending bank for the farming community - perhaps the architect Brian Mansergh had the intention of it one day loaning its heritage as a multifaceted venue, too.
Please download our infopack.